The Foundation of a Successful Career
The Supply Management Training (SMT) Program meets the global demand for skilled practitioners to support the management of complex supply chains. By providing a series of tactical courses and seminars, early- to mid-career professionals develop a solid skills base through which they support supply chain functions and cultivate related business skills.
WHO DOES THIS BENEFIT?
The Program will be of interest to anyone seeking knowledge of supply management. It shapes, strengthens and guides future careers in the industry. SMT is particularly beneficial for:
- Junior buyers, purchasing assistants, production planners, warehouse clerks, material handlers, logistics administrators, inventory coordinators, associates, analysts and specialists.
- Individuals who work outside supply management but have some procurement, logistics, transportation or operations responsibilities.
- Those with supervisory/management responsibility seeking basic knowledge of their direct reports’ supply management functional areas.
- Anyone who influences an organization’s procurement decisions.
- Supply Chain Canada can provide customized programs for your workplace which can be delivered on site as part of our Corporate Training service. Contact your local Supply Chain Canada institute to find out more.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
Individuals who take and complete all the SMT Courses and Workshops may be eligible to apply for a Diploma/Certificate in Supply Management. Admission requirements may vary – please check with your local institute for details.
Technical Courses (13 Lessons Per Course)
- SMT – Procurement
- SMT – Logistics
- SMT – Transportation
- SMT – Operations Management
Soft Skills Development Seminars (2–4 Days Per Workshop)
- SMT – Communication & Relational Skills
- SMT – Negotiation Skills
- SMT – Competitive Bidding and Contract Management
Business Management Knowledge Seminars (2 Days Per Seminar)
- SMT – Accounting and Finance
- SMT – Marketing
- SMT – Business Planning
ADVANCED STANDING & REGISTRATION
Advanced Standing and Exemption Courses
If a candidate completes the three Advanced Standing and Exemption online courses, they will be granted exemption from Modules 1, Module 3, Interactive Workshop: Communications and Relational Skills, Interactive Workshop: Negotiation Skills, and Interactive Workshop: Competitive Bidding and Contract Management.
Admission requirements for the SCMP (CSCMP) Designation Program remain in effect.