Supply Chain Canada is pleased to invite you to a townhall SCC member event, “Building the Future of Canada’s Supply Chain.”
Join us for an informative discussion led by Martin Montanti, as we discuss the new report created by the Government of Canada’s Supply Chain Task Force.
When the supply chain challenges of the pandemic became apparent, the Government of Canada announced it would create a task force to study the issues and create recommendations. Supply Chain Canada worked closely with the committee to provide feedback and solutions that helped guide this important report. With the report released, CEO and President Martin Montanti will highlight some of the key pieces for member awareness and will solicit member feedback and advice that we will submit to the committee as a formal report. Areas of discussion will include the impact the report may have on addressing short- and long-term goals for our sector at large, and new opportunities for government and industry to further collaborate to create real and lasting change.
The report focused recommendations on:
- Eliminating bottlenecks at our ports, roadways, and air transportation systems.
- Addressing labour shortages through reduction of red tape, specifically for foreign workers
- Improving anchor and berth times at ports, most prominently at the Port of Vancouver
- Addressing the lack of capacity as it relates to container storage capabilities.
- Focusing on automation at our ports to address innovation in the transportation sector
- This will help to increase capacity and improve ports’ ability to load/unload vessels more efficiently.
- Automation will also help to address labour shortages while simultaneously modernizing Canada’s aging infrastructure.
Event contact: National Events Team email@example.com